Saturday, February 24, 2018

'Never Seen It' - Episode 31 - Taking a peep at 'Hollow Man'

Hollow Man
My wife Elizabeth Rosado and I are big fans of director Paul Verhoeven. He's one of the best satirists of American culture working in movies. If you don't believe me, please check out Robocop, Total Recall, Basic Instinct, Starship Troopers, even the comically bad but entertaining Showgirls.

But this film, Hollow Man, is widely derided at just a dismal failure, and unlike Showgirls, not an interesting one. Until this week, I had never seen it. I just knew of it because of its special effects, which were state of the art circa the year 2000.

In our "Never Seen It"podcast -- which now available on iTunes -- Liz and I weigh in on this polarizing sci-fi thriller after having watched it for the first time separately. Click on the YouTube link below to hear our hot take.


And check out out all our previous episodes here.

No comments:

Post a Comment