Tuesday, June 14, 2016

'Never Seen It' Episode 4: Taking a trippy trip to 'Xanadu'

Xanadu's best scene
And we're back with another "Never Seen It" podcast. This is our fourth go round, check out the earlier shows, here, here and here.

On this episode, my fiancee Liz Rosado and I review the notorious 1980 music flop Xanadu, starring Olivia Newton-John and Gene Kelly, with some decent songs by Electric Light Orchestra.

I had few preconceived notions about this movie. In fact, it probably wouldn't have been on my radar had it not been for a particularly uproarious episode of "How Did This Get Made?" which made me want to check it out.

As far as "good" bad movies go, this one's a gem in my book. And what it lacks in story and coherence is almost made up for by the charming performances of the leads, pictured above.

Check out the video below to hear Liz and my thoughts on this cinematic misfire, which nevertheless has developed a pretty devoted cult following:

No comments:

Post a Comment